Community discussions

MikroTik App

john4669
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CAPsMAN virtual interface on bridge?

Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:52 pm

I am setting up my new Mikrotik Audience as my primary router and AP. By default, it handles the WiFi setup locally by CAPsMAN. Through CAPsMAN, I setup 2 virtual interfaces as slaves named "2ghz_Guest" and "2ghz_IoT". Since I want both of them to be on a different subnet, I set up a bridge for each of them, "bridge-guest" and "bridge-iot", as well as the required dhcp servers, pool, and addresses. The problem comes when I add the interfaces to the bridge no clients can connect. To get it to work, I had to add the dynamically created interface names to the bridge instead (for example "wlan4" and "wlan5". If I make any changes to the configuration though, the bridge is broken because the dynamic names change and are now something like "wlan10" and "wlan11".

I am pretty new to CAPsMAN and am wondering if the right thing to do is change the provisioning to "create-enabled" instead of "create dynamic enabled"? It seems like it should be as easy as just using the name in the configuration section but apparently is doesn't work that way. Thanks!

john4669
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN virtual interface on bridge?

Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:35 pm

I may have found the answer here: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... imitations:

under /interface wireless cap, set static-virtual to true. I will also provision with "create-enabled"