Community discussions

MikroTik App

Eleanordum
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE6 kit Wireless not working

Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem with my new Mikrotik kit and i really don't know what to do :( I am not a technical person and this situation is overwhelming for me.
So... I have a Huwaei B535 router, with a SIM card but the problem is that the signal s very poor where i live so i ordered a Mikrotik antenna that was recommended for my situation - LHG LTE6 kit.
I followe the instructions but i cannot connect to the internet and i don't know how to make an advanced configuration.
I tried to:
1) connect the antenna to the Huawei router via a cable - the SIM was in my router - didn't work
2) connect the antenna to the Huawei router via a cable - the SIM introduced in the antenna in the SIM slot - didn't work
3) connect the antenna to a TP-Link router via a cable - the SIM introduced in the antenna in the SIM slot - didn't work
4) connect the antenna directly to my laptop with the SIM introduced in the SIM slot - didn't work

I managed to create a password for the admin user, furthermore it recognizes the internet provider that i have, i was able to see those 2 graphics (RRIS or so).
It also connected to the internet when i used the 4th option, but the access is limited. Also, the option no 3 worked but the internet connection was limited - so i cannot access the internet.

Sorry for the ling post, but i am here for more than 5h and i really don't know what to do. If you can give me an advice would be more than appreciated!

Thank you!

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG LTE6 kit Wireless not working

Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:38 am

I followe the instructions but i cannot connect to the internet and i don't know how to make an advanced configuration.
I tried to:
1) connect the antenna to the Huawei router via a cable - the SIM was in my router - didn't work
2) connect the antenna to the Huawei router via a cable - the SIM introduced in the antenna in the SIM slot - didn't work
3) connect the antenna to a TP-Link router via a cable - the SIM introduced in the antenna in the SIM slot - didn't work
4) connect the antenna directly to my laptop with the SIM introduced in the SIM slot - didn't work
Not Antenna, the Antenna is one of elements this device, you should say LTE Router or just LHGR.
This is not plug&play situation.

LHGR must have got a SIM cart inside him, he is a LTE Router with external LTE Antenna inside him. SIM inside LHGR.
LHGR can have connect some users or devices like TPLink/Laptops and switches etc. but this is just division one internet to many users.

I managed to create a password for the admin user, furthermore it recognizes the internet provider that i have, i was able to see those 2 graphics (RRIS or so).
It also connected to the internet when i used the 4th option, but the access is limited.
LHGR connect to internet and share it to ethernet cable - what means internet is limited ? Be more technical here.

Also, the option no 3 worked but the internet connection was limited - so i cannot access the internet.
LHGR connect to internet and give/share that internet to TPLink who probably is next Router or just AccessPoint and he share that internet to more users.
What means internet not work.

Yes, MikroTik is not for just SOHO but if you use the QuickSet then this should be easy to setup it as just regular Router.