Community discussions

MikroTik App

Lada1
just joined
Topic Author

Connecting through a "Welcome Access site"

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:30 pm

I have the Groove A-52Hpn device on my caravan. I'm looking for an advice how to connect to a hotspot at camp where is the "Welcome Access site" with a confirmation button. Also the connection is usually granted for limited time period eg. only 2hours and the procedure must be repeated. When connecting with phone/ipad/notebook the web browser automatically opens the "Welcome Access site" and I can press the confirmation button to get connected. Is there a way I can do it on my Groove too?

WeWiNet

Re: Connecting through a "Welcome Access site"

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:56 pm

I assume you now how to "connect" to the Wifi from the camp ground with Groove?

Then set up the Groove as an Wifi AP with masquerade /DHCP server for your clients (like with Quickset).
If one of your clients triggers the "welcome page" any of your clients have then internet.

What you won't be able to do is that the Groove virtually "press the button" for you... ;-)
You or someone will have to press the welcome button from time to time...
WeWiNet

MTCNA
I like a new challenge, I migrate to ROS7... :? or maybe I am just crazy :lol: !!!

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:57 pm

Start the connection and make sure you have an IP from the access point. If you have an IP then try going to an unencrypted website like www.example.com. This will usually allow the re-direct to the welcome window to occur.

Lada1
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:24 pm

Then set up the Groove as an Wifi AP with masquerade /DHCP server for your clients (like with Quickset).

It is as of now:
(Camp AP) <---WiFi---> (Groove set as CPE with NAT+DHCP) <--LAN--> (Internal AP)<--LAN-->(Clients -iPad,NTB,phone)

And you say to set the Groove as AP with masquerade /DHC ?

krafg
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Only the device that have the captive portal needs NAT and DHCP enabled, the rest, make sure that are disabled and all bridged.

Regards.
If you want to know my network, you can find it here.