new user of forum and Mikrotik hardware, but have been lurking around and found a lot of useful info in Wiki and forum.
I just recently bought and installed an SXT LTE6 kit, I have it installed inside the house high up in the attic.
Distance from cellmast is 970 meters, terrain-profile shows I should have free line of sight, possibly with buildings and tree blocking slightly.
I have the unit mounted with centerline directly to tower, give or take a few degrees.
I know I would probably get a better signal if mounted outside, but I am unable to get to the ideal mounting posistion because it is so high up.
From monitoring signal strength I believe current location will do, with RSRP=-90dB, RSSI=-58dB, SINR=7dB.
The wall is an uninsulated wood wall, so shouldn't block too much signal.
With this signal I am able to get around 60Mbit/s down and 20Mbit/s up, which is sufficient for me (sometimes its better, sometimes worse).
I have upgraded RouterOS to latest 6.47.7 (stable), and was running at modem firmware R11e-LTE6_V025.
Notice yesterday that there was a new modem firmware R11e-LTE6_V026. Installed this new firmware, but it didn't seem to resolve the problem.
I am posting this because I have a problem in that my internet connection is not stable. I have noticed this all since I first installed it, but first thought I had it pointing wrong direction etc.
But I now wonder if there is a problem with hardware or firmware/software in my device.
I am located in Norway. My provider is Telenor, and I have the APN configured as telenor.smart.
I will give an example of what happens:
Yesterday night before I went to bed I had very good performance, about 55/19Mbit/s.
When I arrived home after work this afternoon I was unable to connect to internet.
I did a reboot of the device, and service was back up.
It then worked for an hour or two, before it stopped again.
I have previously noticed that I have had varying performance, where I seem to be moving between bands and cells.
So with info found on this forum and Seans forum at https://confusedbird.com/ I have tried to lock to a cell/band using at-chat commands.
I checked for a while before I decided Primary band B3@20Mhz seemed to give me best performance, with CA-band B8@10Mhz.
I accomplished thsi with the following command:
[admin@MikroTik] > /interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=2,3,,1450,3" output: +CREG: 6,"7b0d","01166b07",7 $CREG: 6,"7b0d","01166b07",7,"15c" +CEREG: 1,"7b0d","01166b07",7 [admin@MikroTik] > /interface lte info lte1 once pin-status: ok registration-status: registered functionality: full manufacturer: "MikroTik" model: "R11e-LTE6" revision: R11e-LTE6_V026 current-operator: 24201 lac: 31501 current-cellid: 18246405 enb-id: 71275 sector-id: 5 phy-cellid: 3 access-technology: LTE (CA2) primary-band: B3@20Mhz earfcn: 1450 phy-cellid: 3 ca-band: B8@10Mhz earfcn: 3750 phy-cellid: 93 rsrp: -90dBm rsrq: -9.5dB sinr: 3dB
Edit: Added OS and firmware versions