Community discussions

MikroTik App

James85
just joined
Topic Author

Setting up Mikrotik LHG LTE6 with EE SIM card - not connecting

Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi, I am completely new to this and not much of a techy. I am trying to set up our new Mikrotik antenna and router to work with an EE unlimited data sim, but I don't seem to be falling at the first hurdle.

I had previously tried the antenna with an O2 sim and a Vodaphone Sim, with no issue, except poor speeds. Having now swapped to an EE sim with much faster 4g speeds, I don't seem to be able to get a connection. I have seen that EE sims may require additional APN settings, but it is far from clear where these need to be applied.

If anyone could shed any light on this or give me some hints and tips it might save me and my cherished hairline. :)

Thanks in advance,

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Setting up Mikrotik LHG LTE6 with EE SIM card - not connecting

Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:51 pm

Read documentation: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE

You should
enable logs: /system logging add topics=lte
system reboot
wait 5m
grab logs by /log print file=log.txt

I hope you use proper APN.
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
I back from vacation and try answer at LTE posts

volvox
just joined

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:30 pm

Hello,
For the apn settings, you could have look here (if you haven't received the info from ee)
https://www.4gapn.com/gb/en/ee

As you seem to have it working with a different sim, I am assuming you have access to the routerOS website - normally at http://192.168.88.1 if you haven't changed the IP.

Right there on front page called QuickSet you can modify the Apn.

Hope this helps...

ninja365

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Hi, I am completely new to this and not much of a techy. I am trying to set up our new Mikrotik antenna and router to work with an EE unlimited data sim, but I don't seem to be falling at the first hurdle.

I had previously tried the antenna with an O2 sim and a Vodaphone Sim, with no issue, except poor speeds. Having now swapped to an EE sim with much faster 4g speeds, I don't seem to be able to get a connection. I have seen that EE sims may require additional APN settings, but it is far from clear where these need to be applied.

If anyone could shed any light on this or give me some hints and tips it might save me and my cherished hairline. :)

Thanks in advance,
Hi James,

I install quite a few of these using EE sim cards and they are perfectly reliable. You need to use "everywhere" as the APN and there are no passwords or additional items needed. Do you know where the nearest mast is?

Joe.