Community discussions

MikroTik App

bybruno
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with Bridged wireless

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:53 am

Hello,
i have 2 "sxt 2" configured as bridged AP client and server.
The problem is when pass about 1 week all devices in the side of the client AP loss connection
but the connection with the AP client remains active, if i reboot the Client AP everything start working again,
in the log of the Cliente AP i can´t see any issue but in the Server AP i see "ether1 excessive or late collision, link duplex mismatch?" in every second.
Maybe the problem is the type of connection ? I think the AP server i connected to a gigabyte port, should the problem the ethernet speed configuration?
is better to change the speed?
thanks

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with Bridged wireless

Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:51 pm

What are running settings of ether1 interface on AP? And what's the switch saying about the same connection?
BR,
Metod

bybruno
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:05 pm

The Ap is connected to a switch 10/100/1000 not managed the only information is green light 1000mb?
The setup for the Ap is:
thanks

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:03 pm

What if you untick the "1000M full" check-box in Ethernet tab?

It seems that MT and switch agreed on 1Gbps full-duplex, but that's not consistent with log messages about collisions. By unticking the option I mentioned you'll try to force switch into half-duplex even though it's not advertising it as valid link state. You could end up with 100Mbps link though...
BR,
Metod

bybruno
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 pm

Hello,
i have removed the option "1000M half" and so far the log don´t have any issue, normaly the connection breaks about a week of use so i need to wait to see if this have fixed the issue.
Other question i have some values in the wireless connection that i want to confirm if is ok
thanks