I am experiencing bad bad performance on my home WiFi. I know, both devices are "older" a bit, however, the WiFi is slower than expected.
Topology can be seen on the attached image, both devices are connected & configured uring CAPsMAN. As seen from the wireless interface configuration, I am using G/N only 20MHz channel on 2412 (channel 1). I have tried to fiddle with antenna gain a little bit, but no results so far.
- In rooms 2 and 3 signal seems to be OK, however, the speed is extremely low -> I have a spare 951, I will try to place it in room 2
- When I go from room 4 to room 1, my laptop gets disconnected for approx. a minute. In the opposite direction (1->4) it works fine
Speed measurement (cable only for reference)
- The link between 2011 and 951 is 100 Mbit only (I cannot upgrade to 1 Gbit, cables are in the wall (I am aware of this bottleneck).
- Ingress from ISP is 150/10 Mbit, I can observe around 10 Mbit upload all the time - this is not a big issue.
- My WiFi is called SUSHI[/
- HW info:
- RB2011UAS-2HnD | 6.42.3
- RB951-2n | 6.47.1
Any suggestions on how to improve wifi throughput?
- HW info: