Community discussions

MikroTik App

sdegler
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau LTE12 modem is for wrong regulatory region?

Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:46 pm

Looking to get at some lte aggregation goodness I picked up a chateau. I'm located in the continental US. The modem identifies as an EG12-EA.
Looking at the Quectel data sheet for the modem, there are variations for For my region shouldn't it be an EG12-NA?.

I think this could be a firmware only difference. I'm not sure.

I'm asking becuase I'm not picking up the speeds or aggregations that I thought possible. I'm in the process of gathering up my scans and dumping more info from the modem.

sdegler
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau LTE12 modem is for wrong regulatory region?

Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:42 pm

Ah so on Quectel.com's data sheet the -NA variety might not be out yet.

Still I think this will affect how the carrier aggregation works as the supported aggregations vary apparently by region.

Anyone from Mikrotik want to comment?

Larsa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:20 am

Still I think this will affect how the carrier aggregation works as the supported aggregations vary apparently by region.

No, different levels of CA and LTE Categories do vary depending on what operator and their local base station deployment. The LTE Category level is the most important one. Ask the operator's technical support about what levels they support for the different LTE bands at your specific location.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:04 am

Chateau LTE12 - he have no slot, means you not change LTE module, it's soldered.
EG12-EA is not for America, it's differ then separate module EM12-G who is Global.
For America is big legal process, variants for each ISP like AT&T, TM, Verison etc.. if they not be certified then e.g. AT&T can ban your unit as MiFi/hotspot and you must change your SIM PLAN... differ stuff.

Quectel_EG12_Hardware_Design_V1.1.pdf

Like Larsa say, you should check what Bands are used in your country and then check if device have them.
You can go to CellMapper website , select your country and ISP and see the Band listing, even go to your region and check what your Towers around you used (in 80% of true).
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
At vacation until 15.jan.2021