MikroTik App

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Nray faulty or not

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I have an Nray ptp link and i am having problems aligning the unit correctly, the TX sector info will only show 0.2 to 0.8 in any degrees is this correct?
Also the quick set on the master does not change the ip address, there is extra db on RSSI and an extra m on Distance

Has anyone else seen these problems

Regards

Paul
firmware problems.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

troffasky

Re: Nray faulty or not

Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:29 pm

2.3G PHY rate and no link downs? Sounds fairly stable to me. Do you have an actual connectivity problem? How does the same view look in Winbox, rather than via the web interface?

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Ok is that another fault with not seeing any down times too on the master unit, on the slave i get down time.

The Psu blow up last night so i am waiting for a replacement! (lucky i was in the house when it went bang)

When i turn the antenna to the right the reading will only read 0.2 0.4 0.6 0.8 then back to 0.2, this means you havent got a clue how far you are out in degree's

Regards

Paul

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:12 pm

A new PSU has been fitted today after the last one went Bang!

The winbox is reading the same as the web browser, reading 0.2-0.8 then back to 0.2 on the TX sector info.
Also the alignment interface shows unknown device when i try to use it.

Anyone got any ideas

Regards

Paul

troffasky

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Ok is that another fault with not seeing any down times too on the master unit, on the slave i get down time.
I just checked a link [not nRay, 60GAPx3 + CubeLite 60 running 6.45.9], AP has 12 link downs, station has 17. So showing 0 sounds wrong to me.
Can't help you with the alignment question unfortunately, as I don't understand it myself.

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Thank you for looking
I thought the same with software not showing the disconnections on the window for disconnection, if you go into the logs it shows disconnection on the master.
I gave up with the automatic alignment, once i got a stable connection open terminal and send /in w60g set 0 tx-sector=31 to the unit you are about to move.
Align the signal to best point signal (take your time) , send same command to the other AP and align that.
Send /in w60g set 0 tx-sector=auto
now i have a better stable connection i the fog.

I hope it might help someone

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:03 pm

Could any one who has an Nray, tell me if the wireless alignment works on the GUI or only on the terminal command line?

Regards

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.