Community discussions

MikroTik App

pedjas
just joined
Topic Author

SXT 5nD r2 as CAPS: possible regulatory info missmatch with CAP

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:41 pm

I am trying to set SXT 5nD r2 as CAP and strange things happen.

If I set CAPsMAN (RB3011) to only set SSID for CAP and nothing else (it lets CAP decide about Wifi parameters) I get this notice: possible regulatory info mismatch with CAP.
It does work, but uses some of higher channels (not any of the first four even if I set it to indoor).

If I check "Skip DFS channels" then it says "no usable channels, possible regulatory info mismatch with CAP".

If I try to set it to any of low four channels on 5GHz i get error: unsupported band or channel: channel not allowed in regulatory country. In this case it does not assign channel and WiFi does not work.
It actually does not matter what is country settings. I tried more combinations and none works.

But, when I disconnect SXT 5nD r2 from CAPsMAN and set it manually it works fine, on any channel including the lowest four.

I did firmware update and made sure both devices use the same MikroTik version (6.45.6).

I have other CAP at the same CAPsMAN using RB433 and it works fine, but it runs on 2.4Ghz band. I have no other 5Ghz device to test with.

Is this some hardware incompatibility?

pedjas
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXT 5nD r2 as CAPS: possible regulatory info missmatch with CAP

Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Correction: MT version used is 6.46.8