Using hAP as CAPsMAN managing wAP LTE AP
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:13 pm
What would be the easiest configuration for a network where the internet comes in through a wAP LTE which also serves as a CAP managed by a hAP which also serves as a CAPsMAN and is connected to the internet through the same wAP?
- hAP is physically accessible from the ground so it should serve as the main device in case it needs a Netinstall or a manual reset.
- wAP is placed on a pole above the ground and preferably never needs to be serviced.
- All network devices powered through PoE for simplicity.
- Can wAP do LTE passthrough to hAP and serve as a CAP at the same time? Will it work with a vlan interface for the passthrough?
- Is is a significant bottleneck when wireless clients connected to the wAP AP reach out to the internet through the hAP which in turn connects to wAP?
- Is it possible to use hAP as the DHCP server for the network and make it use wAP as the gateway to the internet? How to configure that?