Community discussions

MikroTik App

lozio84
just joined
Topic Author

How to set wlan for work with two different networks?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Hello everyone,
is there a way to store two different wifi networks on a rb HAP?
I mean .. I have a wifi network in one plant and a second wifi network in a second plant. I happen to have to move an RB HAP connected to a machine from one location to another.
I would like to allow the use of rb as a wifi client on the two networks without having to reprogram the wlan.
I tried creating a virtual wlan but the second does not connect if the first is not registered.
thanks

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to set wlan for work with two different networks?

Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Using a connect list with all the networks you want to connect to, might be an easy workaround.

See viewtopic.php?f=13&t=169032&hilit=map#p833474 (used for a mAP Lite that is used in many locations)

henrymax
just joined

Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:22 pm

I am renting out part of my house, and I want to create a separate WiFi network for the tenants. I don't want them to have any access to our network. Can I connect two WiFi routers? My internet access is a fiber optics modem provided by the telephone company.
Buy Dr Rashel 24k Gold Serum for Face at Best Price in Pakitan. Dr. Rashel Gold Collagen Elastin Face Serum for WHITENING ,ANTI-WRINKLE serum and Anti-Aging Serum.

lozio84
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:30 am

Using a connect list with all the networks you want to connect to, might be an easy workaround.

See viewtopic.php?f=13&t=169032&hilit=map#p833474 (used for a mAP Lite that is used in many locations)

It works perfectly!!
Thanks so much for the help!

lozio84
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:38 am

I am renting out part of my house, and I want to create a separate WiFi network for the tenants. I don't want them to have any access to our network. Can I connect two WiFi routers? My internet access is a fiber optics modem provided by the telephone company.

Of course, you can connect two wifi routers with different classes that have the modem as their gateway.
or you can create a virtual AP

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:12 am

Multiple Wifi networks can easily be done in one hAP. Create (add, blue +) a virtual WLAN , with own SSID and security.

To separate the 2 Wifi networks you can either use VLAN's , or just start a second bridge with it's own DHCP server. (DHCP server on that extra WLAN might be a problem, not sure, but to be safe add it to the bridge) Add the new virtual WLAN to the new bridge port. In the firewall add a rule to deny access ( "drop forward") between the 2 LAN subnets. As the new bridge is not part of the LAN interface list, the tenants have no access to the hAP management.