Community discussions

MikroTik App

cithuaung
just joined
Topic Author

Randomly disconnect AP issue

Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:53 pm

Hi everybody,...
I want a little discuss my WISP business.
I am working in my own WISP business in my little city. In the early time, my customer is not too much, I using about 5 access point Location in the city for ( 30AP of 15s and 19s AP ) for 100 clients. Now I have 26 Access Point locations in the city for ( 160AP of 15s and 19s AP ) and 600 clients, all of the locations point backhaul link are using with PtP link connectivity ( Dyna dish, AF5x, AF24, Sxtsq5ac, ).
[flash=][/flash]Now,... Here come is an issue, What the Fu... is on my network?
All network connectivity is stable and in good running condition. but it can not be longer then 3 or 4 days😢😢, some of the AP are randomly disconnected in my network ( like Dead ). So all I have to do is shut them down and reopen them and they respawn again for the next 3 or 4 days. Now, this is my the best way to fix the issue at the moment. So,. somebody help me please because I want to be stay at home and want to drink every day😂😂😂( just Joking ).

friesedraad
just joined

Re: Randomly disconnect AP issue

Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:53 pm

The UBNT AF5X have an issue with both their ethernet ports, all socket RJ45 golden pins normally have a slight concave shape so that it sits nicely contacting the RJ45 male plug gold contacts, but in the AF5X AirFiber5X they are bent 180 degrees the wrong way therefore the only place of contact is on the end of the male plug which subsequently wears off the gold and causes bad contact and therefore flapping of the interface. Typically takes about 4 to 6 months to manifest a flapping issue and caused by the wind slightly moving the cable and its plug.
By disabling the Mikrotik ethernet port connected to the AF5X and re-enabling it will create enough of a voltage jump across the contacts to allow ethernet link up again or maybe to go from 100Mb to 1000Mb, but this is only temporary for a day or week. Best option is to solder in a new ethernet socket port, which you can buy from Mouser.com part nr 651-1149882 description Modular Connectors / Ethernet Connectors CUC-SP-J1ST-A/R4LT-SMD and otherwise use option B which is to bend the pins using a pair of mini pliers but here one needs far too much patience for. The new version AF5XHD is correctly designed with the concave pins in the correct direction.

Cheers Daniel Beckmann
WISP Netherlands