MikroTik App

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG LTE - loosing LTE connection

Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

Hi

I have following configuration of my network in home on country side in Poland:

Roof antena - MT LHGG LTE6 / RouterOS 6.48 / LTE firmware V26 / LTE operator is company PLAY / antena doesn't have in straight line visible operator radio on stailworks chimney, due to rail embankment with traction, so do small hill with forest
Home router - MT RB3011UiAS-RM / RouterOS 6.48
Access point - MT cAP AC / RouterOS 6.48

RouterBOARD is also upgraded.

LHGG LTE6 is connected to RB3011 by SFP port, which has WAN setup,
LAN1-10 from RB3011 are in one bridge, to port LAN10 with PoE Out is connected cAP AC, to rest of LAN ports are connected TV, PC and etc. stuff.

Generally everything what is connected to RB3011 have good connection and as LAN everything is working properly.

Main issue is with access to internet, as I noticed my LHGG antena sometime after 15-30minutes sometimes after 2-3h lost connection with LTE, what is helping is only reboot in winbox of antenna or just hard restart as disconnection of power plug and connect once again.
LTE interface I have setup only for LTE with marked 1, 3 and 7 band (however it seems that modem always connect 3 as primary and 7 as CA band), RSSI 55dBm, RSRP 86 dBm, RSQR 9,5dBm and SINR 24 dB. That is as parameters, modem status is registered, pin ok, full functionality. This what I see when it work properly.
When antenna lost connect of course, there are no bands available what I see in status tab is change for registration changed from registered to not searching.

I tried many solutions what I might to do with this antenna, but all of them anyway sooner or later, gave mi same result, loosing connection after some time and needed restart.

Additional points, SIM card - just exchanged two days ago, same effect, direct connection to PC instead of router, same effect, tried to lock cell for 2 different available in near, same effect (or even worse, because I have limited speed).

Do you think there might be any other good setup/upgrade/update solution, which will LTE part stable and not loosing connection?

Ah, and by the way I noticed that after reboot of whole LHGG LTE6, when I login to in immediately during/after reboot and has opened window of LTE interface I see that after few seconds it is restarting, don't know why...

I'm so disappointment this antenna, that I'm thing to sell it, before I had here Huawei B2336-168 cat4 and it doesn't have so many issues with loosing connection, however it hasn't reach ~100mbps as LHGG, because it has maximum 20-30mbps.

Thanks for any reasonable tips, what to do!

Filip92
just joined

Re: LHGG LTE - loosing LTE connection

Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:55 am

Fifrak mam ten sam problem ale w hAP ac3. Myślę że problemem jest nowy modem R11e-LTE6, sprawdzałem na operatorach Play i Orange. Zrywa, albo dławi internet że nie da się korzystać. W logach sprawdzałem to zmienia pasma jak szalony, sam nie wie co ma robić. Jutro odsyłam go do sklepu i biorę coś innego. Na starym tp-linku z LTE cat4 działa elegancko.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154865&p=842251#p842251

I have same problem with hAP ac3. I was tested this on two independent providers, two different locations - LTE is still disconnected or slow down to 0...

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:44 pm

@Filip92 I'm not so sure about that main issue is with R11e-LTE6. My cousine which is living next home to mine (distance ~25m) have the same LTE modem in LHG LTE6 and generally she is restarting antenna and home router (hAP AC3) only then when I came to her and made update of RouterOS (so something like once per month). I bought and install her LHG LTE6 something like September/October and she doesn't have similar issues. She has the same operator. My antenna I bough on end of November when it was available for sale.
So, I have feeling it is more related with my specific LHGG sample... Or maybe you have right and there is bad production lot of R11e-LTE6...

anonje
just joined

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:28 pm

I have almost the same problem with my LHG LTE6. I bought it in august, and it worked quite fine until winter. Now It sometimes loses LTE connection and I have to reboot. Interestingly, the connection is usually lost at night near midnight (I am not Cinderella, I swear) and only during inactivity periods. I never had a connection broken while I was using the internet.

Filip92
just joined

Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:41 pm

Our distributor said, that it might be defective unit of R11e-LTE6... i think, if LTE works as a backup link, the problem may not be noticeable ... only when LTE is the main link, problems are bigger

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:22 am

I posted this issue to my reseller and generally my antenna is replaces. It seems I had defective sample.
New one is currently installed over one week and I haven't observed this issue anymore.
So, if you have this issue, I would recommend you to go on warranty with it.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:50 pm

I use R11e-LTE6 into SXTR / LHGR / LDFR and it's works without that problems, the same country but in my example is mostly Play.

Please use this:
/system logging add topics=lte
Watch LTE parameters: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155945&p=821262#p821047

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:36 pm

SiB I'm using also Play, however I had testes meantime all other ISP here like T-Mobile, Orange, so do Plus on pre-praid cards and all of them gave me the same results.
Now, after antenna replacement, it is another week without broken LTE conntection meantime. So, for me it looks for defective sample.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 am

Check that errors, maybe you have the same viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154865&p=846611#p846611 , Now it's fixed but not by forum but support@mikrotik.com itself.

LukasBre
just joined

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:56 pm

I posted this issue to my reseller and generally my antenna is replaces. It seems I had defective sample.
New one is currently installed over one week and I haven't observed this issue anymore.
So, if you have this issue, I would recommend you to go on warranty with it.
@ Fifrak My story about LHGG is similar. Please let me know, did you exchange immediately bad LHGG to working one, or you need wait for diagnostic in service? For me LHGG is only internet connection, I can't lose it for days...

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:52 pm

sometimes after 2-3h lost connection with LTE
What does that mean ?
The LTE interface goes down?

Did you enable the Log for the LTE interface and check what does the log say ?