Community discussions

MikroTik App

Circuitsoft
just joined
Topic Author

CATm LTE via BG95-M2

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:41 am

I would like to connect to LTE via a BG95-M2 cell module, but it appears to require some out-of-kernel drivers to work.

https://www.quectel.com/support/downloa ... rivers.htm

Would it be possible to get their drivers integrated into a future RouterOS release?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CATm LTE via BG95-M2

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:10 pm

There are two ways of getting said device work in ROS and they (most) probably both involve ROSv7 (so you probably should ask this question in subforum dedicated to v7): either driver for that device lands in mainstream linux kernel really soon (and MT devs pick it up before finalizing v7) or MT decides to include it themselves in which case you should request it via official support channes (this forum is actually not one of them).

It is not possible to install custom kernel drivers (or any other piece of software for that matter) in ROS by normal router administrator.

Circuitsoft
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:39 am

I'm aware that a normal user can't install kernel modules, and they seem unlikely to get upstreamed any time soon. I'll contact support. Thanks!

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:31 am

I'll contact support.
Very good. Remember that now the BG77 works inside new RB KNOT and probably this BG95 it will be works out-of-box now, but of course the support is best to ask them.