FaramirZA
just joined
Topic Author

Home Mesh Quick set config unexpected results

Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:49 am

I have two Mikrotik devices.
* HAP AC2 -RBD52G-5HacD2HnD
* HAP AC lite - RB952Ui-5ac2nD

My AC2 is the Primary router and I used Home Mesh to setup my Wifi. The Secondary device, AC lite, was put in caps mode and successfully connected to the Primary router.

I notice that my Wifi devices can't connect to the Primary device for WiFi. My WiFi is served by the Secondary device only. How do I get WiFi from both the devices to work? Is there something I need to do after choosing the Home Mesh Quick set and joining the Secondary device? I note that there are no Mesh configs under the Mesh config section. Only CapsMan seems to be configured by the Home Mesh Quick set.

If I am misunderstanding how Mesh works what recommendations is there to extend Wifi into another area of my house?

FaramirZA
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Home Mesh Quick set config unexpected results

Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:46 pm

I got it working. I don't know why it is working.

On the primary router I removed the WiFi, WLAN1 and WLAN2, from the CAP under wireless. Not sure why I'd want to remove it to make it work but that is what I needed to do. If there is a better way please let me know.

ghamauricio

Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:17 am

Actually for some reason you have to setup CAPs discovery on the CAPsMAN itself.

Either set the address to 127.0.0.1 or the port to bridge / ether#.

Or you can remove it from the CAPsMAN list and you'll have to set them up separately from the CAPsMAN-aged wireless interfaces, which is kinda bummer.

HEY MIKROTIK, I THINK THIS IS A BUG!

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:30 am

If you have caps-man running on your router... And a cap set up in caps mode... Connected at layer2...

If you have create Enabled in caps that will do it.

netnooob
just joined

Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:30 pm

Had the same issue with hAP ac2. After Quick setting of Home Mesh you need to do 2 things.
1. In Wireless-CAP put your router address in "CAPsMAN" addresses field.
2. Make changes to firewall rules in terminal window wih this command
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input dst-address-type=local src-address-type=local place-before=[/ip firewall filter find where comment="defconf: drop all not coming from LAN"]