Community discussions

MikroTik App

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

SXT Lite5 - outdoor AP

Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:20 pm

My colleague gave me SXT Lite5, which he had from his ISP, but due to change of internet connection by ISP from wireless to fiber on his roof left this SXT antenna. He doesn't need it, but I think to make on it outdoor AP for my garden.
What is the proper mode, to set it up for such kind of AP? I mean as standalone configuration either as CAPsMAN. When I reviewed options in wlan settings they are more limited than what I have for example in cAP AC.

fifrak
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXT Lite5 - outdoor AP

Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:45 pm

Ok, I think I found by myself somehow the answer. SXT Lite5 has only for modes, CPE, CAP and PTP Bridge AP/CPE. So now I know that I'm not able to use it as garden AP, because it has also limited RouterOS version. However I'm not sure about one thing. When I have for example in home on cAP or wAP, defined home wi-fi and then use SXT Lite5 as client to them in CPE mode, I'm not able to discover by it those networks...
What is the issue..? Is it only feasible to create only connection with similar device for "base" purpose?