Community discussions

MikroTik App

benitton
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot connect to Mikrotik using the wireless interface when configured as station

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:08 am

Hello! I have a project going on, where I need to use the router/switch capabilities of the Mikrotik boxes I own with the ethernet interfaces, and I would like to use the wifi interface as the management connection to configure and monitor the routers. I configured my RB962s as stations and I can get a good signal and connection to my other WiFi network. However I cannot ping/ssh or use winbox. I started with a blank configuration, and I do not have any filtering/firewall features enabled. I am using the fiber ports to interconnect the boxes, and the ethernet interfaces for device/sensor connectivity. Any thoughts or comments regarding this issue/feature? Thanks in advance!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cannot connect to Mikrotik using the wireless interface when configured as station

Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 am

There are numerous details which might be wrong. So post actual config (run /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish from terminal window, fetch resulting file to management PC, open file with text editor, copy-paste contents into [code] [/code] block) so we can see actual configuration.

Meanwhile: do I understand your setup correctly that you're using mikrotik as one end of wireless bridge between wired islands? What make is the AP serving mikrotiks? If it's not mikrotik, then there are many problems (all due to 802.11 standard) which prevent it to work really transparently.