Community discussions

MikroTik App

peterda
Topic Author

Capsman actual-interface-configuration interface flapping

Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:25 pm

I am testing capsman AP configuration and found that the actual interface on the capsman router is flapping.
This occurs when there have been no connects to the AP managed by capsman.
When connecting to the AP, it takes a short while to get optimal data throughput, the cap interface goes from DOWN to UP.
After the test client disconnects, the cap interface goes to status DOWN and comes to status UP again after a client connect.

/caps-man registration-table pr
Is empty when the interface is in status DOWN.
When the interface is UP, the SSID etc, is shown.

"configuration.keepalive-frames=enabled" does not fix the issue.
In the documentation there is no description on what the parameter does, but it certainly does not keep the cAP interface UP on the capsman router.

Is there a way to avoid this behavior?
(I am happy to post my configuration but apart from the described behavior everything is working as expected.)

I am running long term 6.47.9 on:
capsman router : board-name: hEX S model: RB760iGS
cap : board-name: cAP model: RouterBOARD cAP 2nD

mikrotik75

Re: Capsman actual-interface-configuration interface flapping

Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:17 am

Hello, everyone,

yes I have the exact same problem with my capsman configuration on RB750Gr3 with RouterOS v6.47.10. The problem is extremely exacerbated if you then add a sub-SSID to a master interface. This means that a stable WLAN supply is not possible. The connections are briefly disconnected after just under a minute and then re-established after an interruption of 10 seconds. Does anyone have a solution for the problem?

Thanks Daniel