Community discussions

MikroTik App

akarpas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

New in Mikrotik Wireless need advise

Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:25 pm

So as I said I'm new to Mikrotik wireless never used it before. One of my clients is in a place where no internet cable can be provided so I'm looking for alternatives. I came to LTE antenna LHGG LTE6 KIT. So is this antenna just LTE modem or its has a fully functioning Mikrotik OS and can be used as a router and a firewall or separate Mikrotik router should be used indoors. As my concerns are about the performance of the network. Any advice is much appreciated.!

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: New in Mikrotik Wireless need advise

Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:44 pm

It has MikroTik OS and can be used as a fully functioning router. The only catch, at least from my perspective, is that it has only one ether port and no wifi. If your client will only need one connected device through ether at a time, this should be more than enough, otherwise, you can recommend getting a small AP or a switch, based on his preferences which is set up behind the LHG to ensure multiple user access.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:07 pm

In the US... I found Mikrotik cellular to be "not always supported" by US carriers. Sometimes refusing to activate them. Other times having incompatible radio bands.

I stick to Cradlepoint for the cellular connection.

Take that on to whichever Mikrotik router best fits the job.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:30 am

in LHGGR + R11e-LTE6 lte module can be replace by other more proper for USA. Like quectel ec25, ep06-a, em12-g etc.