Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mixzzz
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG lock to specific channel?

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:52 pm

So I recently bought LHGG kit. From this particular tower that the router is aimed at I can get LTE Bands 1,3,20 because I'm 4.5km away from and theres some trees between. According to this Image
LHGG cannot do 1+3 or 3+1. So it either connects to 1+20 which during the day often sucks or 3+3. Now 3+3 is usually ok, but for some reason it doesn't hold onto it properly. Like it switches primary band to band 3@5MHz and CA band to band3@20MHz. Is it possible to lock primary to band 3@20Mhz? Cause when it automatically switches to this, the internet speed doesn't drop below 30 and is overall stable.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHGG lock to specific channel?

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:10 pm

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... _Cell_lock
This select a primary band
at*cell=2,3,,earfcn <- FreqLock
at*cell=1,3,,earfcn,phy-cellid <- CellLock

Second is automaticaly added if possible.

Mixzzz
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:35 am

So I followed the guide to lock it to B3@20MHz. Now I'm having a problem that it loses connection or something - the internet stops working. It still shows that its connected to the primary band(B3@20MHz). Used this viewtopic.php?f=7&p=821262&t=155945&sid ... 2b#p821047 guide to log stuff and the internet cuts out exactly at the moment when it reconnects B3@5MHz as CA band. I mean it doesn't do it every time when it connects it as CA band but only sometimes. I have to reset the lte modem or reboot the whole device to bring it back to life. If I disable the frequency lock, it uses B3@5MHz as primary band. Any ideas why this happens? Is this a bug of ROS or something at the cell tower not liking me due to locking to a channel?

vanille
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat May 08, 2021 2:49 am

I was searcing the forum for problems like the ones I am experincing and found this topic.
I have another device, it is the WAP KIT LTE cat6 and I have the very same problems.
I got these Mikrotik units just because I need cell lock.

If the modem is free to connect by itself, then it connects to a specific tower and it works
If I lock the modem to the very same cell, it connects, but no internet at all

I upgraded both the router OS and the modem firmware, but no improvements.

Any ideas?