Community discussions

MikroTik App

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG LTE6 keeps crashing have to reset and start over

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:24 am

I've just bought one of these units and am beginning to wish i hadn't. The software is a disaster, it's like installing a cockpit along with all of its instrumentation from a 747 in a car..
I seem to be able to login and setup an apn but shortly afterwards lose connection and get locked out and have to perform a hard reset again.

I have had some success with netgear nighthawk M2 with some antennas on the roof but was looking for something with a bit more gain.

So far all I can manage is to login, setup an APN and get a few packets of internet connectivity before losing contact and having to start from scratch.

I've spent about 6 hours fiddling with this contraption and am struggling to find a good reason not to toss it in the skip.
All I want to do is get a nice fast connection from a cell tower and connect it to the wan port of my UDM.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LHGG LTE6 keeps crashing have to reset and start over

Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:27 am

I think I may have found out why it keeps crashing. Opened the cover this morning to perform a reset and the Rj45 is wet as we had a little rain overnight. I see from the documentation that its IP54 rated which means its only good for a few light splashes.

Where are people installing these if they're not for outdoor use? I have brought it indoors to try and dry it out but my hopes are not high ;-(
If I can get it going again I will try the attic but I will be limited in height and there will obviously be losses from the roof itself.

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Trying to dry is out with my wife's hairdryer but still don't seem to be able to get much life out of it.
been googling this product and am beginning to wonder if I should have bought this?
https://www.eurodk.com/en/products/mt-l ... lhg-series

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:25 pm

Can someone please tell me if I am doing anything seriously wrong?

I'm sure its as dry as a bone now but it still keeps crashing just as I see signs of life.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:31 pm

This is my setup which is just for test purposes. I got fed up with climbing up and down that ladder.
I can get 2-3 Mbps on my mobile phone at this location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tickertapes
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:17 pm

Well after some 12 hours I've finally decided its not worth the fight. Judging by the response on this forum it looks like I'm the only mug that bought this.
Its all back in its box now and I'm going to try my best to get it returned.
The software is terribly over complicated and the manual is of no help at all.
Once dried out I have managed to get an internet connection on it but for some strange reason I am unable to get a simultaneous internet connection and maintain connection to the web interface for setup and alignment purposes.
IMHO the LHGG LTE6 is not fit for purpose especially if you intend in using it as a permanent installation in a part of the world that experiences a lot of wet and windy weather.