Community discussions

MikroTik App

alinaseri
just joined
Topic Author

New protocol and features for SSID wireless

Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi everyone,
I have many suggestions that contribute to the development of the wireless network environment. I present to you and Mikrotik company, and I hope you like it.

-------
first of my suggestions is create function to save last frequency connected in receiver and when the receiver device has start up, It will as first try to connecting with frequency saved if not connect the receiver device will made scan list frequency then save the new last frequency. This function will faster reconnect wireless opration.
------
second of my suggestions is create protocol at wireless class to useing the same SSID in multi transmitter devices and faster change frequency cannel, It only works when enabled from configuration and it performs the following functions:

- This process is repeated every certain period of time: When trying to connect to the transmitter for the first time, the receiving device or the receiving devices perform a wireless scan on all available signals with the same SSID and arrange the priorities according to the best signal and save them all in the MAC address format with its own priority.

-When the receiving device starts up, it will try to connect to the SSID according to MAC Address, highest priority to lowest.
-The possibility of blocking some MAC address through the configuration settings for this protocol in the receiving device.

-This protocol listens, before changing the transmitter frequency, the transmitter creates a Brodcast message to all the receiving devices connected with it and tells her: "Hey, this is my new frequency. Do not worry, call me now again."

-Enabling this protocol on the transmitter needs to set the network classification field, (is this SSID considered connected to the same router network or to another network?), This setting will help the transmitter when one of the SSIDs stops working and connects to another SSID. The transmitter will know if He needed to disconnect the connections (PPPoE, DHCP) or keep them until they connected again.