Community discussions

MikroTik App

atlantisguru
just joined
Topic Author

RBSXTG-5HPacD-SA as a client

Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

I can't find any SXTG AC (RBSXTG-5HPacD) client in my country, only the AP (RBSXTG-5HPacD-SA).

Can i just use the APs as clients (after some programming/settings)?

(As i saw everywhere the only difference between the client and the AP is the 28 degree antenna and 90 degree sector antenna.)

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBSXTG-5HPacD-SA as a client

Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 pm

I can't find any SXTG AC (RBSXTG-5HPacD) client in my country, only the AP (RBSXTG-5HPacD-SA).

Can i just use the APs as clients (after some programming/settings)?

(As i saw everywhere the only difference between the client and the AP is the 28 degree antenna and 90 degree sector antenna.)

The other difference is the degraded frequency spectrum because you transmit "client-only" packets everywhere,
this causes interference with others and you too can receive more interference.

If you need simply poit-to-point with gigabit ethernet use two SXTsq 5 ac, if the distance is under 1km use the Wireless Wire nRAY kit

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 pm

You can use the RBSXTG-5HPacD as a client. Just set it to "station bridge" or any other client method. It will still have the wide angle.
However normally you don't need that level 4 RouterOS license to be a client. There is no specific client model in that hardware family (anymore, the RBSXTG-5HPacDr2 is discontinued, it's in the archived hardware list). A SXTsq 5 ac is a perfect fit as client. (There is no SXTsq5 ac AP version, but for point to point 2 SXTsq 5 ac will do , one in "bridge" mode, other in "station bridge" mode. "Bridge" mode is like an AP but with only one possible client, and only requires the level 3 license)

atlantisguru
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:01 am

Thank you for your answers!