vanille
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WAP LTE kit cell monitor and performances

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Hello
I am new with MikroTik.
I just got a WAP LTE kit because of the cell\band lock capability.
I already have other modem\router from ZTE and Huawey but none of these can lock the cell or the band.
I have to solve a problem in a premise where two BTS are available: one with very good performance and other with very very bad and all the devices tested (modem\router, USB dongle, smartphone) all of them join the bad BTS most of the time.
So I am now playing with this MikroTik at home to understand how it works

First impression: performances are ver very poor compared to any other device in my hand. So I am trying to perform tests in the same condition.
With the Huawey LTE4 I am getting 30 Mbps both up and down; with the MikroTik 3 Mbps down \ 15 Mbps up.
So I checked the cell where the Huawey is connected: EARFCN (1850 band 3) \ Cell ID (435)
On the Cell Monitor of the Mikrotik... I can see a lot of cells, but... no way to see the 435. Why????
Anyway I forced the Mikrotik to connect to this EARFCN \ PID and it connects.
Why it connects but Cell Monitor does not see it?
I increased the time in the Cell Monitor to 10 minutes... no signs of this cell.

Anyway the MikroTik on this cell performs VERY VERY poor... while the Huawey LTE CAT4 is very good.

According to some suggestion here around, I connected the MikroTik with wired cable and I disabled the onboard Wi-Fi: same results

vanille
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: WAP LTE kit cell monitor and performances

Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:51 pm

One more question:
the command
AT*Cell=<mode>,<NetworkMode>,<band>,<EARFCN>,<PCI>
can be used to lock the modem to a cell

What command do I need to send to the modem to RESET? To let the modem again to automatically select everything without rebooting the device?