Community discussions

MikroTik App

bakadave
Topic Author

CAPsMAN - multiple SSIDs not getting IP

Sun May 02, 2021 4:54 pm

Hello!

I manage the network at a small family owned hotel. Below you can see the network diagram and attached is the config file of the main router.
In a nutshell: I want two separate networks (currently two bridges) and all ethernet devices should be on the "management" bridge spearate from the guests. I also want to host two WiFi networks on the CAPs: one public for guests and one private that has access to the same bridge as the ethernet devices. Guests have no access to ethernet ports so that part's simple.
Panzio 2021 - public.png

The problem:
If I enable only one interface on a CAP (either the private or the public SSID) everything works as intended. If However I enable the second interface (virtual AP) one out of the two interfaces stop working at all. I get no DHCP, nothing. Where am I going wrong?

CAPs currently tag traffic based on which SSID the client is connected to. I also tried no VLAN tagging and CAPsMAN forwarding (which should work fine as there is minimal client-to-client communication intended) but that didn't work either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bakadave
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN - multiple SSIDs not getting IP  [SOLVED]

Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm

I need to learn more about provisinong and static CAPs. I'm not sure what exactly was the problem but re-provisioning solved it.

relevant thread that helped: viewtopic.php?t=159670