Community discussions

MikroTik App

shalak
Topic Author

After some time, the hotspot configuration is adding "flash" to path on its own

Mon May 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Hello!

I noticed weird behavior. I keep my configuration as a code, and I wrote a little script for provisioning my hap ac2.

The script does the following:
- downloads current running configuration via /export terse verbose, saves it locally as "before.rsc"
- uploads new config.rsc config file, runs /system reset-configuration no-defaults=yes keep-users=yes run-after-reset=flash/config.rsc
- waits to router to be up, then downloads the new running configuration and saves it as "after.rsc"
- prints diff between "before.rsc" and "after.rsc"

And the deal is, that every time I do it, there is some change that I do not introduce myself:
Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 19.51.50.png
I don't use the "hotspot" feature at all, I do not set it whatsoever in my config.rsc file. But it appears that after some time, the fresh configuration changes on its own and adds the "flash/" to the hotspot index file.

Is this a known issue?

It's really bothering, I could add the "/ip hotspot profile set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot" to my config.rsc, but I'd prefer to disable the hotspot whatsoever. How do I do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: After some time, the hotspot configuration is adding "flash" to path on its own

Mon May 10, 2021 10:28 pm

AFAIK the default on devices which have a separate flash/ storage path is html-directory=flash/hotspot, otherwise just html-directory=hotspot. I'm not sure why the configuration entry would first be created and subsequently changed.

If you do not use the hotspot function you can disable the package under System > Packages in Winbox.