Community discussions

MikroTik App

jerryroy1
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wireless Wire Cube and Wireless Wire connect to each other?

Tue May 11, 2021 5:55 am

Hello,

We have a link between two buildings using a Wireless Wire Cube's (RB CubeG-5ac60ad units). There are trees that have grown and now the signal is getting bad to where they are losing connection. We cannot cut the trees and are looking to implement a work around. I am giving each device within the current and proposed design a label of A thru D in the hopes of making it easier to follow. "A" is a Cube and "D" is a Cube on the existing link. We want to implement a workaround for the the trees by adding a "B" (wirelesswire Master) and a "C" (wirelesswire slave) to go around the tree's like two sides of a triangle. The "D" Cube is high up on a building and a lift was required to get it mounted. We are trying to avoid the lift this time around.

Existing = "A" (Cube) to "D" (Cube)
Proposed = "A" (Cube) to "B" (WW Master) <-> switch <-> "C" (WW Slave) to "D" (Cube)

I am sure I will need to change the master/slave scenario's on the devices but what would the ideal config look like? I believe I just need to build a bridge between "A" and "B" and another between "C" and "D". Can the WW Cubes talk to the WW AP units without issue? Any recommendations of order to make the changes? I assume start from the furthest device :)

Thanks in Advance for all your support!

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireless Wire Cube and Wireless Wire connect to each other?

Tue May 11, 2021 11:56 am

Hello,
All of MikroTik 802.11ad devices can link with each other while frequencies supported by both routers are set.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 11, 2021 12:05 pm

Well that isn't necessarily enough. You need to check the license for the devices you are using, because some devices can only make 1 connection at the time and so they cannot be used as an inbetween on a link, unless you upgrade the license.
Of course when you are a MikroTik fan you may have visited a MUM and received a free license as part of your package.
Or else you need to buy it separately, I think the official price is about $40 (but cheaper offers are usually available on internet).

Rugx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Yes, level3 license can establish only 1 wireless concurrent connection, which in the proposed setup is enough as there is a switch between both wAP devices.