Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Cell Monitor strange behaviour

Sat May 29, 2021 2:18 am

Hello,

the LTE cat6 modem is usually connected to the same cell-id
Primary Band		B3@20Mhz earfcn: 1850 phy-cellid: 435
But this cellid is NEVER displayed in the LTE Cell Monitor, even if I put very huge Max Age time.

Is it normal?

the device is a R11e-LTE6

regards

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cell Monitor strange behaviour

Sun May 30, 2021 3:32 pm

yes, this can be normal but your case is first with Primary Band PCI..

Some PCI can be only added to other one primary band and ISP can not share them to do connection to them.
General, at LTE6 you can enable only 2 bands and run cell monitor who will be try display you that pci from that two bands what it see at air.

What Country ?

vanille
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon May 31, 2021 2:04 am

What Country ?
Italy - Vodafone
yes, this can be normal but your case is first with Primary Band PCI..

Some PCI can be only added to other one primary band and ISP can not share them to do connection to them.
General, at LTE6 you can enable only 2 bands and run cell monitor who will be try display you that pci from that two bands what it see at air.
Sorry but I do not understand your post.
I got these Mikortik primary because I can eventually lock the band and/or the cell.
The documentation suggest to run Cell Monitor to identify the available cells.
It just appear strange to me that the same cell where the modem is registered is not present in the Cell Monitor list.

I was trying to avoid to register with this cell because even if it the strongest and the one who privide the better speed... with this cell only I have several packet loss and VoIP calls with Google or Microsoft Teams... suffer till drop.

It is very strange because also the smartphone connects to this cell and with the smartphone I do not have packet loss

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 31, 2021 1:07 pm

I can confirm that Cell Monitor in Poland show me all possible physical-cell-id what antenna see at enabled (two) bands at 027 firmware.
They are some country what now show (like disable discovery) some pci antennas and I cannot confirm that your ISP send you that pci or not.
Sometimes we have other situation, we try connect to some earfcn&pci but ISP/MNO say move to other cell/pci and thats why we see other cell then normal (I not say about Cell Lock).

For more clear situation, maybe a some firmware fix you can send e-mail to support@mikrotik.com, they can give you a new firmware 028 who fix some stuff but your problem is a first one.

vanille
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon May 31, 2021 4:15 pm

For more clear situation, maybe a some firmware fix you can send e-mail to support@mikrotik.com, they can give you a new firmware 028 who fix some stuff but your problem is a first one.
they already sent to me the 028 firmware and I am using it since 2 or 3 weeks.

EDIT
Since I have 2 Mikrotik LTE router, one is the LTE cat4 the other is the cat6...
I put a SIM of the same provider (Vodafone) and both connetct to the same cell but...
With the cat6 is loose packet, I get ping timeout every minute, but this problem does not affect the cat4.
Moreover, speedtest, same time, same cell, same provider:
cat4: 13 Mbps down \ 36 Mbps up
cat6: 10 Mbps down \ 20 Mbps up with 2 carriers aggregated.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:46 pm

vanille:
they already sent to me the 028 firmware and I am using it since 2 or 3 weeks.
Moreover, speedtest, same time, same cell, same provider:
cat4: 13 Mbps down \ 36 Mbps up
cat6: 10 Mbps down \ 20 Mbps up with 2 carriers aggregated.
I agree. cat.4 and cat6 are differ SoC vendor and that cat.6 is not greate selection.
Good's that MikroTik learn at errors and they swap from cat.12 to 5G into Quctel SoC - they works well and this is good direction.

Now about cat.6 - in my summary I can say that R11e-LTE6 2CA not sum speed of bands, Having ca-band probably not give any profit. That's why I mostly change that lte modem to other ones.... :( but still have about ~20 of that installation but I use them where I have 1-3km from bts.