Community discussions

MikroTik App

useruser1212
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG LTE6 kit mounting and other questions

Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:49 am

Hello everyone, i really like my LHGG LTE6 kit so far, however i do have some question in regards to this product. Perhaps someone could answer them out or should i write support ? Here is my situation in general (would be nice if there is a thread in general for mounting such devices and all the tips and tricks there is for newbies to increase the speed, security, ect)

This antenna was bought because in the place where i am, reception is very weak, been doing cell scan and it seems there is only one main cell tower who has bands 20 and band 3 together, its about 5-10km away, other cell towers only have band 20. So the plan is to mount it in a tree, been doing a lot of tests, walking around, looking where to mount it, doing speed test and it seems the mounting in the tree is the best compared to other areas. Usually i get about 15 up and 3 down, but when i put it in a tree in an open area i get about 15 up and 17 down and of course the ping is lower. So the questions would be.

1. Can i mount the antenna in a tree ? What would be the best way to mount it ?
2. Would the wind blowing on it and the tree moving mess up with the signal?
3. How important is grounding, is it mainly for lighting protection or it can increase the signal ?
4. Should i mount lighting protection on the ethernet cable near the antenna ?
5. The plan is to lay the ethernet cable underground, should i also install surge protectors on the ends of the cable or is that not needed ?
6. Do anyone else turn off their devices during lighting storms or when its lighting further away ?
7. Is there any other tips and tricks i should know about using this device ?

Thanks

Tazmainian
just joined

Re: LHGG LTE6 kit mounting and other questions

Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:30 am

I would like to add a question, does it support 2x2 MIMO as well?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:45 pm

useruser1212
1. Can i mount the antenna in a tree ? What would be the best way to mount it ?
Users do many stuff like
tree.jpg
and some of them create DIY version of differ visions, they have to reach more speed.

If this tree is your then you can do that in any way you want but please, be safe :)

2. Would the wind blowing on it and the tree moving mess up with the signal?
always. The more stable then better place but you know... people use devices at sea, at car and LHG have quite big a angle then tree moves not should change mutch.

3. How important is grounding, is it mainly for lighting protection or it can increase the signal ?
This is important and signal not change. Be SAFE with electricity.

4. Should i mount lighting protection on the ethernet cable near the antenna ?
yes, this is optional of course.
Some prototyle live longer then final product :).

5. The plan is to lay the ethernet cable underground, should i also install surge protectors on the ends of the cable or is that not needed ?
use some AROT shield

6. Do anyone else turn off their devices during lighting storms or when its lighting further away ?
Probably 99% watch a funny videos that time. This is always your risc.

7. Is there any other tips and tricks i should know about using this device ?
Many.
Some person install device and get full speed what they can.
You can take LHGR into car with a dc/ac adapter and go near 1km to your bts and test what speed you receive when you see directly tower - this give you answer what a real speed you can get in your location. Some person say, that device give me only 25/5 but 1km from bts they have 30/8 - but if you reach a 200/40 then change tree :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

useruser1212
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 am

SiB
Dziekuje bardzo, thank you very much.
I will keep searching the forum for more tips with the antenna.