Community discussions

MikroTik App

psycoclan1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

EE in Southampton, UK

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Hi guys, I got a hAP3 LTE recently, for a customer in Southampton. The distance between his premises and the EE antennas, is minimal (no more than 300meters). The router had a lot of problems connecting to the LTE network with its internal antenna, so I bought an extra external antenna, alongside with the required ufl pigtails and 2 coax cables. Now it does connect at -41dbm to the base, I get stable ping, but as soon as I pass traffic through it, I get time out or at best, high ping. The LTE mini pci-e card is the R11e-LTE6_V020 and this is what I see in Cellular tab. I tend to believe that EE is very inconsistent in the area, or it's a hardware fault.

These are the settings I am using with my LTE card. If I won't choose bands manually, it will constantly change bands and there will be interruptions at all times!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: EE in Southampton, UK  [SOLVED]

Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:39 pm

Latest firmware are R11e-LTE6_V027
upgrade pasting this on terminal:
/int lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes

psycoclan1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: EE in Southampton, UK

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Latest firmware are R11e-LTE6_V027
upgrade pasting this on terminal:
/int lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes
oh thank you very much!! I wasn't aware of it!! I will give it a try and reply as soon as I notice any improvement!!

psycoclan1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: EE in Southampton, UK

Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:34 am

quick update. The connection has been stable for over 6 days so far, so I can only assume that mikrotik did a good job with the new firmware!! Thank you very much for assisting me with it!