Community discussions

MikroTik App

philbert
just joined
Topic Author

RBwAPG-60adkit cabling

Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:18 am

Hello all. First post here.

I am considering the Wireless Wire as a means of connecting two buildings about 30m apart. The buildings are aligned North-South so the mounting location on one of these buildings gets a lot of direct sun during the day.

I am concerned that if the network cable can only be run out of the bottom of the device, it would degrade quickly. From the photos I could find it looks like to might be possible to run the cable through the back of the device in order to keep it out of the sun. Is that possible?

Also of concern is the UV resistance of the plastic used in the casing. Any advice on that?

Many thanks,
Phil

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBwAPG-60adkit cabling

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:05 pm

The cable can go out only from the bottom,
do not lose time to concern UV.

Simply use one good cable (black) for the exterior.

philbert
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RBwAPG-60adkit cabling

Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 am

The cable can go out only from the bottom,
Thanks for your reply.

I bought the kit and have found that the cable can be routed out through the back of the device.
There is a small area, about 15mm square, where an RJ45 connector can be passed in to the device from the back.
The drilling template shows the location of this area and advises removing the small plastic cover over it.
Instead of doing that, I simply drilled a 6mm hole in the cover and continued into the wall behind it (cable had not been terminated).
So, I'm pleased to say that the cable is not exposed to sunlight at all.

Regards,
Phil