Community discussions

MikroTik App

CrisHamilton
just joined
Topic Author

Hap ac2 5ghz poor speeds

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi!
After the latest firmware update on my hap ac2 that my isp automatically did ive had low speeds in my 5ghz band, i suppose to have 200mbs of download and the wifi band poorly has 60mb, is someone having the same problem?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hap ac2 5ghz poor speeds

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:03 am

No. Maybe because we have a different ISP?

Please ... if you want a helpful answer be very specific:
1. Your hAP ac2 is upgraded to what RouterOS version ?
2. When you connect to 5 GHz wifi, what is in the WLAN2 wifi status page and in the registration table about your connections. (TX rate, RX rate, TX/RX CCQ, Signal strength, Signal to noise), then we can see if you get at least 433Mbps as interface rate( , because that is what you need for 200 Mbps data speed), and eventually the reason why you do not get that interface rate.
3. Other causes are related to air-time and interference, and need more info to investigate (Scan, Freq Usage, Snooper).
4. Any "auto" or XX or XXXX setting in your wifi config (band, frequency) makes performance totally unpredictable. It can be different after every restart.
5 How do you measure your speeds? Is a wired ethernet connection 200 Mbps ?

radenli
just joined

Re: Hap ac2 5ghz poor speeds

Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi!
After the latest firmware update on my hap ac2 that my isp automatically did ive had low speeds in my 5ghz band, i suppose to have 200mbs of download and the wifi band poorly has 60mb, is someone having the same problem?
No, Mine is working fine.
I get about 350mbs within 5 feet and 200mbs within 30ft from my hap ac2.