Community discussions

MikroTik App

Daydreamermk
just joined
Topic Author

CAP ac + PoE IpCamera

Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Hello.

I am trying to connect IP camera, to the eth2 of the CAP Ac however i can see the camera locally but cant access it from a router from a different subnetwork.

I do have router, from which i do have switch PoE that goes to eth01.

Additionally, i do delete all of firewall rules and nat and still cant access the cap from the router although i see it as an address. Thank you.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CAP ac + PoE IpCamera

Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:10 am

The cAP is configured as a fully standalone router, with firewall on the first port, then there is NAT, a public/private network and so on. You would have to reconfigure it according to your network layout. Can you make a small sketch drawing, how all is connected?

Daydreamermk
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:16 am

Here is a fast sketch.

So i want the Tenda to be able to see the ip cameras connected on the eth2 of the CAp Ac and at the same time be AP.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:23 pm

I guess cAP ac devices could be configured as simple ethernet switch / AP combo, i.e. both attached IP cameras and wireless clients become part of common LAN segment, fully governed by main router (RB2011).

@Normis, when can we expect to see a "ethernet switch / AP" QuickSet profile? The configuration is almost trivial, but many users new to ROS don't have skills to perform appropriate configuration manually. It would bridge all ports (wired and wireless), set same SSID and security profile to all available radios, run DHCP client on bridge interface to get management IP address and have blank firewall setup.

Daydreamermk
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:09 pm

Thank you for your information.

So in more detail, bridging eth01, eth02 wlan01 and wlan02 all together, set DHCP and clean the firewall should do the job?
WISP right?

I would be able to test that later.

Thank you.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:38 pm

No, it's not WISP. AFAIK WISP mode uses one of wlan interfaces as WAN interface (instead of ether1), sets firewall almost as standard except for management access which is allowed from WAN and not from LAN (other modes set it just the opposite).

As I wrote, I don't think there's QuickSet mode appropriate for that kind of use. The easiest way of configuring device into "switch + AP" mode is to reset with no configuration and use winbox (MAC connection) to configure things as outlined in my previous post.