MikroTik App

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Deploy MikroTik 5Ghz Wireless PTMTP instead of Fiber Optic FTTH Solution

Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:46 am

Hello,

Dear All, hope your well . I have a society (4 kilometers square) where I want to provide internet services to all users. So I'm confused FTTH is Better or MikroTik 5Ghz Wireless PTMTP.

FTTH is hard to manage (one by one street huge cost one time, OLT, Splice etc) . But MikroTik Wireless is with PTMTP easy to install and configure and easy troubleshoot (mANTBox19 or Net metal5 with Ubnt AMO 13G Omni Antenna and client side with MikroTik SXTSQ lite5).
Which solution is best FTTH or MikroTik Wireless?

where's the no packet loss and 100% link efficient and user not call me for slow internet?
Anyone who have experiment this please share your reviews

Waiting for your all kind response
Thanks to all
Regards
Mehar

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Deploy MikroTik 5Ghz Wireless PTMTP instead of Fiber Optic FTTH Solution

Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:08 am

FTTH is much more expensive, but not much can go wrong with it other than somebody digging in the wrong place or equipment failures.

5GHz wireless is much slower, and has so much interference from home routers that it may not be feasible to deliver 5GHz service unless you control all of the customer routers and can prevent them from using frequencies that interfere with your 5GHz radio frequencies.

We deliver internet mostly over 5GHz in rural and remote areas and our biggest issue is customers routers interfering with the access points on our towers, or other routers in the area causing interference.

Even if everything is perfect with 5GHz, you can get much faster performance over fiber.

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Deploy MikroTik 5Ghz Wireless PTMTP instead of Fiber Optic FTTH Solution

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:26 am

Thanks for your reply,
FTTH not use under ground I use this openly pool to pool.

I want use 5Ghz PTMP and coustmer use 2.4 Ghz router for internet access. So i think no interface problem.

Is a Mikrotik 5Ghzbest choice for PTMP or Ubnt PTMTP, 5Ghz?