Community discussions

MikroTik App

jazbe
just joined
Topic Author

NetMetal AC2 AP dropping approx 50% packets

Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi,
I have a site running perfectly since last 6 months, connecting 52 clients to a single netmetal AP. I have started to get complaints from my clients since 1 week now, when I checked, I noticed that the AP is dropping approx 50% packets while pinging any of the clients, and the status that we see as "running ap" at the bottom of wireless tab under wireless configuration, disappears every 5-10 seconds and all the clients are disconnected and connected back again automatically.

It came to my mind that client load could be an issue, so I tried to distribute the CPE load by assigning same SSID (a new SSID) to nearby AP and shift some clients to the second AP. For that, I created a virtual interface on both the APs and assigned same SSID on both AP's virtual interfaces.

While shifting the clients to the virtual interface's SSID, I noticed that the packet drops stabilized, but after 15 minutes, the same thing started to happen again.
I have attached the AP config file for review.
I have been using mikrotik since 2 years, but still consider myself a layman. I need guidance and want to learn the possibilities.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: NetMetal AC2 AP dropping approx 50% packets

Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:00 pm

Have you checked your physical connection. Perhaps bad RJ45 termination on either end, or even environmental corrosion?

Check your antenna's make sure screwed on tight.