Community discussions

MikroTik App

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

5.915 Ghz on LHG AC?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 am

Hi all. I don't usually operate anything in 5.9Ghz for FCC licensing reasons so I don't know which hardware can operate there.

I have a customer that is a HAM that is trading out some space on their home tower for a pair of radios for their ARDENNET on one of my towers and they need international model radios that operate in 5.9. They can use up to 5.925. I know that many of these mikrotik international models work up there but I can't find specs on which ones. I believe they currently have an LHG 5 model that does it but they are wanting an AC radio if possible. Anyone have any idea which models support 5.915? They had some other ham get them what they have now so they're kind of relying on me to find out what works. I REALLY want them using that band because they can and I don't want them creeping down into bands I can use.

Note, all I'm providing is the mount and a DC power feed. Their data wont touch my network at all so we don't have any legal boundaries being crossed. The point of these radios is that they weren't willing to just use a VLAN I would have given them bridge the gap, they want an entirely isolated network.

appreciate any info you can offer.

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: 5.915 Ghz on LHG AC?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 am

From what I know, all International AC devices support that frequency because the effective range actually goes into the 6GHz band.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Re: 5.915 Ghz on LHG AC?

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:13 am

ok, I told them I'd check on the dynadish since it has a radome on it, otherwise LHG 5 AC or the XL variant of it