Community discussions

MikroTik App

StuartHunter
just joined
Topic Author

LHG LTE6 not working with EE UK sim

Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi. Newbie here.

I'm currently struggling to get any connection with my LHG LTE6.
It works fine with 3 and Vodafone sim cards train for switching is the better speeds on EE. However when the EE SIM is connected there is no connection.

APN is set to "everywhere" however no LTE signal is received. Even with the sun getting a stable connection via a phone and a TP-Link Archer Router.

Quick set up screen doesn't seem to recognise the current operator and this is blank along with any other information.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Stuart

r0berts

Re: LHG LTE6 not working with EE UK sim

Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:19 am

Hi Stuart,

It is not very obvious, but sometimes there may be an issue with APN settings - I had it with vodafone (but not with 3 - mobile). If you leave checked "Use Network APN" there can be a problem that you do not have internet - cellular connects, but IP setup is just not done - you cannot use DNS or ping. You need to provide correct manual APN settings, of course, but uncheck the network provided apn and connection happened instantly for me.

There could be a bit better documentation. sknx wrote about this as well
I had the same problem. Turns out there is an option for the APN profile "use-network-apn", which is only accessible via CLI and default yes. Enabled, it ignores your APN settings and uses the APN provided by the network. Set this to no and it starts using your configured APN.
well, that option is accessible via WinBox.