Community discussions

MikroTik App

elipsa
just joined
Topic Author

SXT LTE 4 replacement

Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Hi,

I use SXT LTE KIT with LTE cat. 4. I use it in rural area with BTS a little more than 3 km from me. In general, the connection is quite stable (status GOOD im MT), but speeds I get are not very satisfactory - on average it is 3-4 Mbps DOWN and 7 Mbps UP. I was testing various channels, seems that B1, B3 and B7 are the best, however there is no significant difference between each od them. B20 is very poor, so I do not use it at all.

I consider buying the LHG LTE cat. 6 instead. Can I assume better results with this one in sense of higher speeds? There is also LHGG a little more expensive, but not sure if it is worth overpaying in my situation.

Did anyone perform migration from SXT to LHG to deal with the feedback?

sthen
just joined

Re: SXT LTE 4 replacement

Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:33 pm

The dish in LHG/LHGG isn't good for B20, but would help improve signal on the higher frequency bands. CAT6 might help if the provider allows channel aggregation- out of the bands you mentioned and ignoring B20 which wasn't working well for you, it looks like the only supported 2CA band combination with the R11e-LTE6 are B3+7 (check "supported 2xCA bands" in https://i.mt.lv/cdn/product_files/SXTLTE6_200836.pdf). But there are some firmware problems see e.g. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=173909. So you might get better speeds, but you might just get more problems... LHGG is a faster router but same LTE6 card, I think it will only really help if you have a fast connection to the mobile network.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT LTE 4 replacement

Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:52 pm

Cat 6 LTE supports carrier aggregation, meaning it can use more that 1 bands at the same time, thus providing better performance results...

However, even for a Cat 4 LTE, your speeds are very low...