Community discussions

MikroTik App

SkeeveK
just joined
Topic Author

Migration of RADIUS, need 2 RADIUS for some time

Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:48 pm

Hi, i am new to MikoTik WLAN, last nearly 20 years i was on Lancom, so sorry for some beginners questions ;-)
We are in the migration of our (windows) radius (NPS) server from win 2012 to win 2019, we also need to renew all of our (own) certificates because of the nice changes made by Apple in the last 1-2 years to this. So because we can´t change all of this over one night :lol: we need the old and the new radius side by side for some days, weeks or month. At a Lancom AP it is very simple to do that, for every SSID i can choose the radius to use. This is the point i miss (or simple did not see ;-) at MikroTik. How to challange this?!

And where can i leave a feature request?! Radius for WLAN have to be also part of CAPsMAN conf :roll:

Thx Marc

SkeeveK
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Migration of RADIUS, need 2 RADIUS for some time

Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:46 pm

Hmmm... no answer? Impossible?

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Hmmm... no answer? Impossible?
You can have multiple servers - but if both are required for 'wireless' i'm not sure you can specify which wireless network uses which server.

My solution - if NPS supports it (have only used it a little bit) if all rules / policies fail/dont apply on the new server, make the last rule to run the auth against the old server

Alternate solution is spin up a cheap VM or other server, run FreeRADIUS as a proxy and use called-station-id or similar to determine which server it should go to

SkeeveK
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:55 pm

Thanks Joe, will think about both.