Community discussions

MikroTik App

Morisek78
just joined
Topic Author

Point-to-point connection.

Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:04 pm

Hi. I'm new here, hello everyone. I have a huge request. I have a wireless connection to make between two buildings (as in the photo, the second building is marked in red). Distance about 350-400 meters. There are trees on the road between the buildings, not many of them, but they are there. In summer, the trees will grow overgrown with leaves. Is it possible for a point-to-point wireless connection to work? The connection can be at the level of 50Mb / s both ways.

If the connection should work, what Mikrotik devices would be best used for radio communication?

Thanks for your help and answers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Point-to-point connection.  [SOLVED]

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Is that building to the right also part of that "property".

Shoot the signal over there with a pair of Wireless Wire Cubes.

Then do it again over to the main building.

Here ------- Here
|
|
Here

Morisek78
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Point-to-point connection.

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:58 pm

I thought about it. Use this cottage as a wireless transmission point. But I can't.
There is a cellular operator signal in this area, weak but with good antennas it can work quite well - under testing. Each of the buildings could have such a link and then set up a VPN on mikrotik with the main building. Thanks for reply.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:48 am

I thought about it. Use this cottage as a wireless transmission point. But I can't.
There is a cellular operator signal in this area, weak but with good antennas it can work quite well - under testing. Each of the buildings could have such a link and then set up a VPN on mikrotik with the main building. Thanks for reply.
Cellular here in the US is limited bandwidth per month. And it's usually carrier grade NAT Unless you buy a static IP. Aka... can't VPN in easily.

So my systems that are stuck behind CGNat, I have to get creative depending on function needed.

Morisek78
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:19 am

In Poland, there are also restrictions on the amount of data per month, but for contracts with a public static IP address, the values are at the level of 1 TB per month in the full speed range of the available LTE network. The amount of data transferred from these buildings is small.