Community discussions

MikroTik App

AstroPig7
Topic Author

VLAN with Wifiwave2

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:07 pm

I apologize if this has been asked before, but searching the forums didn’t return an exact answer. Before switching to the Wifiwave2 package, I was able to set the vlan-id for a wireless interface directly in said interface. After switching to Wifiwave2, I’ve found the vlan-id and vlan-mode options are gone from the interfaces. I’m using a hAP ac³, and I normally perform port-based VLAN tagging at the switch level (with a CRS112-8P-4S-IN), but I can’t do that in this case because the tags only go on a guest interface that’s subordinate to the 5 GHz interface. Is my only option to tag the interface at the bridge? If so, then is this done by setting the pvid of the interface?

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN with Wifiwave2  [SOLVED]

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:56 pm

you have to do it in VLAN FILTERING in the WAVE 2 package.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... s_Ports.29

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN with Wifiwave2

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:57 pm

On the Help page for wifiwave2, there is a reference which might be of assistance.
Never done it myself, though.

Assigning VLAN tags to wireless traffic can be achieved by following the generic bridge VLAN example here:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... ccessPorts

AstroPig7
Topic Author

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:11 pm

All right, so it seems I now have to do it through the bridge port configuration. Easy enough!

jimint
just joined

Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:37 pm

Is it possible to write here your config with wifiwave2 and vlans please?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:24 pm

Nothing about VLANs under /interface/wifi (or wifiwave2 ... it's been renamed in 7.13). So the config gives you a number of wifi interfaces (probably named wifi1, wifi2, etc.).

Then under /interface/bridge something like this:
/interface bridge
set [ find name=bridge ] vlan-filtering=yes
/interface/bridge/port
add bridge=bridge interface=wifi1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged pvid=13 
add bridge=bridge interface=wifi2 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged pvid=666
# ... and optionally, doesn't have to be set explicitly, ROS adds ports with pvid set to appropriate VLANs automatically
/interface/bridge/vlan
set [ find bridge=bridge vlan-id=13 ] untagged=wifi1
set [ find bridge=bridge vlan-id=666 ] untagged=wifi2

So nothing really special, simply treat wifi interfaces as access ports for appropriate VLANs, just like you'd do for ether ports. The vital thing is to have vlan-filterig enabled on bridge, otherwise this won't work.

jimint
just joined

Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Nothing about VLANs under /interface/wifi (or wifiwave2 ... it's been renamed in 7.13). So the config gives you a number of wifi interfaces (probably named wifi1, wifi2, etc.).

Then under /interface/bridge something like this:
/interface bridge
set [ find name=bridge ] vlan-filtering=yes
/interface/bridge/port
add bridge=bridge interface=wifi1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged pvid=13 
add bridge=bridge interface=wifi2 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged pvid=666
# ... and optionally, doesn't have to be set explicitly, ROS adds ports with pvid set to appropriate VLANs automatically
/interface/bridge/vlan
set [ find bridge=bridge vlan-id=13 ] untagged=wifi1
set [ find bridge=bridge vlan-id=666 ] untagged=wifi2

So nothing really special, simply treat wifi interfaces as access ports for appropriate VLANs, just like you'd do for ether ports. The vital thing is to have vlan-filterig enabled on bridge, otherwise this won't work.
Thank you so much i will check it
I forgot to inform you that i have my main router 4011 with already vlans (GuestWifi-IOTWifi-MainWifi) and in my room i have ac2 with 7.13 Ros and the new drivers wifiwave2. So i would like with vlans ID from 4011 to have all subnets (GuestWifi-IOTWifi-MainWifi) from main router.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:58 pm

So you need to set up ethernet link between RB4011 and hAP ac3 as trunk (tagged for all necessary VLANs).