Community discussions

MikroTik App

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

pppoe timeouts and disconnects

Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:51 pm

Im running a wds network and have my remote nodes pppoe for management via static ips, i have great signal and i keep getting disconnects and reconnects, when it disconnects i can still mac-telnet in so the system is up, wondering why pppoe over wireless has so many issues, I have checked the change mss and i dont have any rules or limits setup on the clients or server, and its a complete mikrotik system. Any ideas??

Gerard
Trainer
Trainer

Re: pppoe timeouts and disconnects

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:51 pm

You can try increasing the "keepalive timeout" in the pppoe server profile..

-Gerard

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:44 pm

omg i got a response , im marking this day down as the day i got a response on the mt forum!!!! I have been actually doing that i guesss i just need to play with the numbers and find what works. Ty for your response.

warwick09
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm

The funny thing with pppoe and its stability is that your wireless (if wireless) links must be rock solid (i.e decent noise floor,signal range, ack time etc ....) or else its flaws will show in the form of dropped packets which would always kill any pppoe session.

The good thing about a semi-bridged network (i.e Str8 ethernet/Dhcp) is that its flaws are much harder to become evident, which would result in better sleep.

What values are you getting for your noise floor? ... which Freq? blah blah .... if you can provide a small network diagram (words or otherwise) it would be easier for us to help you.

Regards