Community discussions

MikroTik App

ejansson
Topic Author

Station psuedobridge

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 am

Can someone provide an explanation of Station psuedobridge mode. I set up a cpe in this mode and it registers on the ap but dose not appear to move any traffic as I can not ping through.

I also noticed a post indicating that WDS was the preferred mode. What is the reasoning for this?

Erik

oz_gr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Station psuedobridge

Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:17 pm

all you need to do is set the mode in station-pseudobridge , scan and select the ap you want to connect, then seth the dhcp client on wlan1 , create a bridge; add ether1 and wlan1 to bridge thats all, then set the dynamic ip under windows, im using it with rc05 on my clients with rb133c and r52 with no problems

ejansson
Topic Author

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 am

I'll give it another try, How have you found it compared to WDS, and do you know the +- 's of using it as opposed to WDS?

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:27 pm

all you need to do is set the mode in station-pseudobridge , scan and select the ap you want to connect, then set the dhcp client on wlan1 , create a bridge; add ether1 and wlan1 to bridge thats all, then set the dynamic ip under windows, im using it with rc05 on my clients with rb133c and r52 with no problems
Can I then set wlan2 as ap-bridge and use it as a second ap for Hotspot?