MUM Europe 2020

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

want a 55 km(air distance) PTP link, is it possible wid mikr

Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:59 pm

hello guys..
plz hav a look on my requirements...one businessman walk in to me..he want one solution frm me..
actually he got a office in a city...while he got a manufaturing plant in county site (rural area)

he got 17 CCTV cameras..in his manufacturing unit...(approx 55 km away frm his office) he want to see the display of all those cameras in his office..is it possible..remember he dont wannna hav an internet connection.

note:- i wanna make confirm that is it really possible to get a very stable PTP link for 55 km using mikrotik.if yes then which wifi card and which RB is required..
plz make it a point that the main goal is that my client wanna see the display of all cameras in his office..and he dont need a any sort of internet connection

shielder
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: want a 55 km(air distance) PTP link, is it possible wid mikr

Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:26 pm

yes absolutely no problem.

Recommendation :

RB333
SR2/SR5 wifi card
24 dbi grid antenna
Good elevation (the higher the better)

That's what you need to have a 55 km link.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:32 pm

in wireless section you can read more about even longer links

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:42 pm

in wireless section you can read more about even longer links
sorry but wht du mean by wireless section....and how to see all camers in my client office..any suggestions..

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:45 pm

Recommendation :

RB333
SR2/SR5 wifi card
24 dbi grid antenna

thxxxxxx shielder..i think my first fear of lonk link is over...but now the main job is to see the display of all 17 cameras in my client office...how can i do it..without any internet connection..any suggestions..will above mikrotik setup is good enough for holding this kind of vedio survegillence..

Tanker
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:15 am

Hi there
This might be a little "off topic" now (date) but I only saw this post today---

We run a 90Km link using 133's both sides (Nstreame1) and 27dBi antennas for -64db..!!!

The client has 9 cameras for Wild Life streaming - and this setup works perfectly. The client adds an extra camera every 2nd month or so and this pushes up the CPU usage (now ±34%) but other than that if works a real treat!!!

When the time comes we'll probably change to RB333's - but in the meantime - if it ain't broke - don't fix it!!

Let me know if you require any other info.

papashark
just joined

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:03 pm

Recommendation :

RB333
SR2/SR5 wifi card
24 dbi grid antenna

thxxxxxx shielder..i think my first fear of lonk link is over...but now the main job is to see the display of all 17 cameras in my client office...how can i do it..without any internet connection..any suggestions..will above mikrotik setup is good enough for holding this kind of vedio survegillence..
You might have a small problem with the camera's bandwidth, but nothing you can't solve.

First check how much bandwidth your cameras require. I suppose that they are IP cameras. If they require less than 1mbit/s each one, then you don't have any problem, if they need 1.5 then the 20mbit bandwidth of a plain link would not be enough and you will need to use turbo link (which again it is not a problem).

If the cameras are not IP and are plain cameras, then you will need equipment to transfer the plain signal to IP, in order to be able to broadcast the cameras.