Community discussions

MikroTik App

prash_in
just joined
Topic Author

Interference issue ????

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

I have multiple links upto a distance of 15miles with Mikrotik RB153 and some links with RB133 Board , all working fine & stable , but suddenly 2,3 link gets connect and disconnect with heavy ping loss , the status shows client registered but ping gets " Request Time Out "
with same situation Noise floor is-108dBm
signal to noise : 48
signal strength : -62 dBm
Tx signal Strength : -81dbm
Superchannel , freq. 2499, band 2ghz-5mhz

also checking with snoopers its not showing used freq. congusted , other links with diff. freq. but all suffers suddenly at the same time ,

Pls suggest how i can detect the source of interference , thanks in advance

jonashi

Re: Interference issue ????

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:57 pm

we are using for this kind of problem wi-spy chanalyzer + directional antenna to find interference source. I bought that year ago at http://www.metageek.net, it helps find non 802.11 noises by displaing full spectrum analysis 2.4-2.5GHz. We encountered interferences from analog camera systems@2.4GHz, from electronic "nanny"@2.4GHz or even car alarm.
I dont know if they sell wispy with RSMA connecor, I have "hacked" that by removing internal antenna and ¨soldered RSMA pigtail at the end of PCB in order to connect an sensitive parabolic directional antenna
BTW your TX signal is awful
Hope this help
Patrik

prash_in
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:18 pm

Any Other option to check ???,

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Yes the Tx level is poor at -81

I would suggest replacing the radio at the other end of this link, in case it is going deaf.

jonashi

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:32 pm

please check uptime of RB153 if it is supposed uptime.
As Mikrotik crew said around here, there is a flaw and pointed me to send my rb153 to vendor to solve the problem (random rebooting). They "solved the problem" by replacing RB153 by RB133, so please make shure your RB153 isnt flawed.
We have had a lot of troubles with RB153 until we got rid of them.(http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 424&hilit=).
Try to get TX signal level better, at least under 65.
How is your process about that interference issue?

prash_in
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:32 am

In continuation with this , what i observed it when the tx / rx signal becomes -90 & -91 , some time it shows client Registered but not able to ping remote radio , some time tx signal becomes "0 dbm" , but client shows registerd ,

to resolve this when i change the freq. , the same time the signal gets change to -84 & -85 and things become normal , still i am not clear whats happening , is it hidden node interference which not shows in scanning but giving trouble ??

I am using Mikrotik as it has multiple freq. option , which helps for stablility within crowded RF network but still facing same issues...