Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pablo_M
just joined
Topic Author

Superchanel Licence

Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:00 am

Hi, I asked my supplier if I could buy from them, a superchannel licence for a routerboard RB133 with radio board SR5, and I was told that this licence is only for PC based Boards.
Somehow I did no beleived them.

First Question:
Can someone confirm that I can not add a superchannel licence to the RB133. Or I can?

Second Question:
If I not wrong when it is configure in the wireless interface "band=5ghz", it is used 20Mhz of the spectrum. How much it is used with superchannel and what is the throughput I can reach?

Thank you.

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Superchanel Licence

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:36 pm

Hi, I asked my supplier if I could buy from them, a superchannel licence for a routerboard RB133 with radio board SR5, and I was told that this licence is only for PC based Boards.
Somehow I did no beleived them.

First Question:
Can someone confirm that I can not add a superchannel licence to the RB133. Or I can?

Second Question:
If I not wrong when it is configure in the wireless interface "band=5ghz", it is used 20Mhz of the spectrum. How much it is used with superchannel and what is the throughput I can reach?

Thank you.
i think superchannel is not a channel bandwidth... it is a license which allows you to use different channels and bands(?) regardless of counrty settings.
not sure thou...

Pablo_M
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:16 am

Please,
Does someone know what are the benefits of getting a superchannel licence.
In every example of the manual, the modulation selected is alway superchannel, but nowhere it`s explained. What are the benefits of using it.
1) How much spectrum in [Mhz] is used ?
2) How much throughput can be obtained in [bps] ?
3) Can be activated on Routerboard RB133 ?

Thanks-

curacao
just joined

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:24 am

Pablo_M

You have not been informed correct.
The super channel is for custom frequencies.
Example we use it for frequencies in 6.0-6.1Ghz.

The custom frequency is not for the PC boards only. We use it on all RB boards.
Rb133, Rb532, Rb112, Rb153, ITX.

Hope this answer was usefull to you

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:57 am

the superchannel license only has one purpose - to unlock all frequencies that your wireless card supports. for example if USA supports 11 frequencies (channels) in the 2GHz range, the custom frequency will remove this limitation and allow you to choose any frequency from 2300Mhz to 2900Mhz (example only) with 5Mhz steps. This depends on what the card supports.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

msturtz
just joined

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:30 pm

Where/how do we go about purchasing Superchannel licenses, and how much do (or should) they cost?

-Matt-

CarulloS

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:24 pm

I have been approved and have attempted to purchase superchannel license for two RB532/R52H boards for a link I have between two towers.

I have found no way to apply the superchannel license (or rather purchase it) to be applied to these existing boards/licenses. The only option I see when I go to license manager is to add a superchannel license to a new software purchase.

Can someone that has done what I am trying to do please tell me how I can accomplish adding superchannel ability to a routerboard that is in use on my tower? I shouldn't have to purchase a whole other ap license should I - I would imagine there is a way to unlock the frequencies on my existing board for the superchannel fee I see available to me on the license manager on mikrotik website.

Thanks for your assistance...

Scott

CarulloS

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:46 am

May sound like a silly question, but can someone please tell me what is necessary to add superchannel option to 2 existing RB532s ptp link between two sites currently in use. Thanks in advance to whoever answers my question, I've been waiting days to make this happen but I can't figure out how - I assume I am missing the obvious :)

I know the option has to be added to my account - it has been. I know I have to pay for it - I'm trying too... Please be specific.

Thanks,
Scott

curacao
just joined

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:11 am

Scott,

I can explain how I do it and I am the least expert in all of you.

System
License
Copy the software ID
Paste it in a text file
Call a reseller
Pay for the Custom Frequency $20
Send them the your Software Key
Reseller will then give you a License key.
Copy and paste this into
System License

If everything is done correct you should see in Features "extra-channels"

Deborah

CarulloS

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:03 am

I'll be more specific :)

When I log into Mikrotik website I see the following:

Account Notices
* Current account balance is $0
* Prepaid keys available: 0
Generate a NEW software KEY
* - purchase a key
* - make a demo key
For already created software keys
* - work with keys or try search
* - replacement key (0)
* - request key
Account information
* - balance
* - change user information
* - My Certificates (0)
Other
* - view shipments

Normunds emailed me this from support: (and I emailed him the keys I exported from both RB532 boards)
Go to WORK WITH KEYS in your account, there select a key with your mouse, and
click on UPGRADE KEY

I click on WORK WITH KEYS and I see this:
[table of keys I have purchased directly from MT website - does not have anything to do with software that came pre-installed on all the routerboards I have purchased]
From what Normunds says above it would imply I can only upgrade the keys in the list - my RB532 keys are not in this list so how can I select and upgrade them? I find no way to get any keys in this list except for buying more of them. If I have to purchase more keys to activate superchannel then I just want to be told that - if I can upgrade superchannel on the licenses I already have paid for then obviously that is my preferred choice due to $$$ difference.

When I click purchase a key on the website, I have the option of WISP AP L4, WISP AP L5 or CONTROLLER. And then follows the option for Custom Frequency Select. I can't choose it without buying another license. My RB532 already comes with a L4 license so purchasing another one just to add $10 freq option doesn't make any sense.

I appreciate your post curacao but it does not tell me how to purchase a superchannel license directly from MT website and apply it to my existing RB532. That is all I am trying to accomplish and it is very frustrating to not be able to do this. It is either not intuitive at all or I am missing something right in front of my face :) Maybe even both. I just want to get what I need and move on though... please... anybody

Scott

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:06 am

If your keys are not in the list, that's another issue, it means you purchased the devices from a reseller. Call your reseller to do the upgrade then.

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:52 pm

so , we have a real problem here , most of us had bought boards from overseas resellers , its not easy to call them to make an upgrade , is there any easy way to upgrade any existing licence without contacting the reseller ??

ilius168
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:24 pm

what happen if an RB breakdown and got replaced, while a superchannel license was installed seperately (not via the reseller) in the RB before replacement?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am

use the 'request key' feature on your account to get the key from another account (reseller's) to yours for upgrading.