MikroTik App

bejcd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

bandwidth limitation on RB500 ...

Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Hello,

I have installed 3.0betaRC11 on RB500+CM9 as AP-bridge(wds enabled) and 10 Mktk station-wds clients so pretty straightforward configuration model (Nstreme is not enabled).

If at least 3 clients utilize ~2Mb/s per client (simple download) what makes 6Mb in total on the RB500 Access Point the available bandwidth of that AP doesn't exceed ~ 100kb/s + extremly high ping time on every client (latency issue).
Point-to-Point (Bridge <-> station-wds) works well and doesn't have the same issue.

Does anybody experience the same problems and how to improve AP capability to handle in that scenario 10 wireless clients x 2Mb = ~20Mb in total through wlan1 interface ?

Frankly, I have never seen RB500 + Mktk ROS in AP-bridge mode to be able to handle more than 6Mb/s ! Maybe this is a real limitation of that board or a certain limitation of an Atheros card itself.

Described problem is the same with ROS ver. 2.9.x

Hope somebody will answer this posting.

Thank you,
D.

jonbrewer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: bandwidth limitation on RB500 ...

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:20 am

On a RB532, use 2.9.50 and NStreme. We have boards that are happy up to around 20mbps aggregate (half-duplex) traffic in multipoint settings. Each sub is rate limited and all are connected at 54mbps, so there is no contention for wireless bandwidth.

bejcd
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: bandwidth limitation on RB500 ...

Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm

I think I haven't completely understood the explaination "20mbps aggregate (half-duplex) traffic in multipoint settings".
Would you be able to detail the words.

Thank you for the response,
D.