Community discussions

MikroTik App

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Best scenario ... again.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:24 am

I know its not the first time someone asking for the best scenario to setup a network , but there is no standards and many ways to achieve the same results ..
my current setup is :
main AP - RB333 :
wlan1 - RB52H 5G + 17dbi sector .... ap-bridge , wds = dynamic
wlan2 - RB52H 5G + 17dbi sector.... ap-bridge , wds = dynamic
wlan3 - XR2 + 15dbi omni.... ap-bridge

this RB333 is connected to main Router Os on PC , wlan1+wlan2 + eth1 are in Bridge1..
wlan3 + eth2 are in Bridge2..
so bridge1 and bridge2 have different subnet .
only bridges , no nat , no firewall ..

now client side :
they have different setup , some are using RB133c , other using RB333 as repeater ..
client side (RB333 repeater) :
wlan1 - RB52H 5G + 17dbi flat panel.... station-wds , wds = dynamic .. linked to main AP.
wlan2 - XR5 5G + 12dbi omni.... ap-bridge , wds = dynamic
this RB333 linked to main AP via wlan1 , wlan1+wlan2 are in Bridge1..

client linked to second RB333 with RB133c as station-wds ..
so its somthing like this :
ROS-----RB333===3Km====RB333====5Km=====RB133c

I couldnt put RB333 in station-pseudobridge mode , not working for long time , i'm waiting for new releases of v3 , may be they will notice this problem and fix it ..station-pseudobridge mode work great for RB133c !!!!!
so i was forced to use WDS , i didnt want to make nat then nat then ..... nat for ever .
would this setup let me give a good throughput to RB133c on client side ? i need 3-4 Mbps.

I test many freq and bands , i found that with only 5G-turbo i can reach ping of 1 ms with linked nodes ,and bandwidth test of about 2-4 Mbps other band gave me 2-3-4 ms , with less than 1 Mbps..

another thing : i have sector , flat and omni antenna all with a range of 57xx to 58xx Ghz , i test a freq less than this range like 5325 , they all work fine !!!!!!!! how it is possible an antenna with a different range works fine ?????

this is my story , any suggestion ? modification ? better way to setup a network like this ?