Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

TomKolb
Topic Author

Are you the best Mikrotik consultant in the world?

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:32 am

We currently have over 4000 clients with over 1500 Mikrotik routers deployed. We are in the process of designing a large scale Metro Mesh WiFi network consisting of 1600 mesh nodes and would like to use Mikrotik if we casn find someone who has extensive experience in MME, OSPF, BGP, and HA. We don't know if Mikrotik has been deployed in large Metro Mesh WiFi networks and we don't have time to trial Mikrotik. If someone has experience with large Mikrotik Metro Mesh networks and you are interested please send email of qualification to tom@sit-co.net.

Thanks

TomKolb
Topic Author

Re: Are you the best Mikrotik consultant in the world?

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:53 am

No one intereted in this project?

kthameen
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:33 am

My advice to you is to wait until 802.11n are supported and stable on Mk, Old Metro Providers are busy replacing the old technology so why do the same if you can serve your clients with better Qos and Throughput.Ofcouse you can work on the backbone now because I dont think it more than a month or 2 for the cards to be ready.

Edward
just joined

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:12 pm

No one intereted in this project?
Hello Tom, I read your MESH adventures. Already looked at Strix ? What are your experiences with MT MESH ? How are you deploying them ? Strix is using 3 radios in a singel box for doing that !

Regards from Edward (eneef@antenne3.nl)

Tanker
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Tom
At the risk of hijacking this thread - yes I'm nterested - now - if it wasn't that I'm sitting in the same sort of situation where I am embarking on the same sort of project - I would be VERY interested.!!!
So - I guess - it might be helpful to swap ideas once we both get going?? - if you're agreeable??

Tanker